Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Summer Days!

The title is a Seinfeld reference that only my friend Ryan will probably get. Anyway . . .

Today Phoebe and I braved morning rush hour traffic and travelled across the river. It was surprisingly smooth! We wandered the gardens at the National Cathedral and then went inside for a look at the amazing series of Gothic arches. It's truly an amazing space and a piece of architectural greatness. But the camera batteries died outside. No bother though: you can probably google the pics of the interior and they'd be better than mine. I took the important ones of Phoebe wandering the garden, enjoying the benches and flowers.

















Sunday, we went to the local spray park. Phoebe hated it. We aren't sure why she is so terrified of water, but it all started this winter at the community pool. We got work to do to get this kid happy about swimming again. I can't have a kid who hates swimming!







Doing okay, but . . .










MELTDOWN!