
Last Sunday Phoebe was invited to her park buddy's birthday party. This was the only time this year we socialized formally with people we have
met here. Living here for one year with no plans to stick around made it easy to avoid building any sort of friendships. But the moms (and one stay-at-home dad . . . not many around) I see most days at the park with kids roughly Phoebe's age have been great to know this year.

Phoebe was really into the balloons and spent most of her time chasing this one.

Phoebe's park buddy, Nora.

She enjoyed her muffin, especially the chocolate frosting.

Another park buddy, Ethan. Ethan has tried to kiss her a couple of times. She just ignores him. It's very cute, but she can keep ignoring boys until she's 30.

This is Bela, the birthday boy. He turned 2 last Sunday.

After a bath, Phoebe found Alisa's scarves that I thought were well-hidden. I guess not.

She's been into making my pillows into chairs and beds today.