Saturday, June 12, 2010

National Building Museum

Alisa suggested we go to the Building Museum this morning. I've been there four times now, three with Phoebe. I would put this on the top of my list for DC. If any of you are considering a trip out here, don't miss this building. There's not much more than the building to look at (very few exhibitions), but that's enough. It's a spectacular space, even when held up to some of the greater churches I've seen.



The museum is more or less a city-planning/achitectural museum. They have a kid play area that we felt Phoebe was finally old enough to appreciate. And as you can see here, she did.





"Tractors"










She really enjoyed riding around on these "tractors."










The toy store by our place and Barnes and Noble both have train sets like this one. Phoebe enjoys playing with these when we're out.