Nevertheless, today is a sad day for me. It's unofficially my last day as a stay-at-home dad. I hated writing that last sentence. I think it's fair to say that spending every day with Phoebe this year has made it the best year of my life. Knowing that being here with Phoebe supported Alisa in pursuing her new field made it even sweeter.
I'm not looking forward to going back to work, even though I love teaching, and know I will love being there once it comes around. But today, I look at my little girl and know that I could spend every day with her from here on out, even when she throws her food off her tray because she'd rather have blackberries or cheese. I heard on the radio the other day that only 158,000 men stay home with kids in America. That made me proud. I think the other few million are just to dumb to realize that it's the best job anyone could ever have. I would maybe have to think twice if there was some sort of grading of papers involved.
Top picture: JFK's gravesite overlooking DC.
Right: JFK, Jackie, and their two children who died just after birth.
Below: Alisa and Phoebe at the Arlington House (high point in the cemetary) overlooking DC and the Mall. Phoebe enjoyed the crunch of the gravel under her feet.
Reflecting Pool looking toward Lincoln.
Phoebe and I took one last bus ride down to the mall to check out the reflecting pool and the WWII Memorial Monday morning. It hit like 95 that day so it was good to get home before 11am.