It's odd to look around at the vast crowds of tourists, trying to identify where we fit. We are clearly not at home here, yet we are not on the summer holiday most of these folks are. It'll be an interesting year to spend in such an amazingly tourist-driven city while being residents across the river.
I've been out on my bike a fair bit. Arlington is an amazingly biker-friendly city. I can ride to the Lincoln memorial and the Mall in about 20 minutes, exculsively by bike path with just a short road ride that has a bike lane. I rode to the farmers market today by bike lane almost exclusively. Once Phoebe's ready for the Burley in the spring, hopefully we can ride our bikes to the Cherry Blossom festival in March!
We attended Hyattsville Mennonite Church last week and felt right at home. We were immediately invited for ice cream at someone's home and Alisa connected with a housemate of an old Bread for the City friend. The man who invited us over grew up in Churches Ferry, ND. Did we leave the midwest? I also found a great Catholic Church in S. Arlington. Our Lady Queen of Peace is a peace-oriented Catholic Church and it had a great feel to it, much like Ascension Church I attended in North Mpls.
Take care everyone!
Andy