Sunday, July 26, 2009

Scavenger Hunt: Item #1

I am aware that the majority . . . wait . . . all of you check this simply to see pictures of Phoebe. I understand . . .

However, I am going to start a new little project on this blog. Through some e-mails, my buddy John helped me narrow my mission for this year by sending me a short list of places or things to find and photograph in the D.C. area. None of these will include such over-photographed monuments like the Lincoln Memorial (go ahead and type google images, get a better picture than I can take, and tape your fav Phoebe pic to the bottom of it if you'd like a good touristy photo from us).

My first item was to find the stairs from the Exorcist--the famous stairs the priest tumbles down at the end of the film. I envisioned some creepy corridor between a couple of row houses. Nope. This was taken from the parking lot of an Exxon station in Georgetown. After climbing these steps with my bike (brutal!), I tried to find the house from the film. Well, every house at the top of the stairs looks like the house in the film in this part of Georgetown. Thanks John!

More to come . . . now enjoy Phoebe and ignore me.
~Andy