Saturday, July 4, 2009

Our New Home (or makeshift dormroom?)

Phoebe certainly doesn't mind that we are all sharing a one bedroom apartment this year. Her favorite new toys are paper, dad's hair, and her house with guys--which she particularly loves giving herself kisses in its mirror.

Alisa and I are comfortably pulling out the futon every night for bedtime in the living room. Without a TV, it feels more like a guestbedroom in someone's den since we're surrounded by books. The weather's been very pleasant here. Upper 70s and low 80s all week. We've only run the air-cond. a few times, which we gather is odd for Northern VA/D.C. in July. I'm assuming August won't be so nice.

We've been enjoying walks in our neighorhood, which is very residential. I have a feeling I'm not going to meet many families with stay-at-home parents in the park by our house since all the kids seem to be escorted by nannies. Northern VA seems to be quite wealthy with our apt complex within.

Verizon can't seem to find the short that is preventing us from getting a phone and DSL. I'm coordinating with the complex mngr this week so hopefully he can be present when the tech comes out for a 3rd time to provide access to other parts of our building that have wiring to our apt. We're sick of using up our pay-as-you-go phone minutes so sorry we've failed to call many of you. We will soon! We are checking our e-mail regularly thanks to someone in our building having an unsecure WiFi router. But we'd like to do some online banking and whatnot.

Otherwise, we are great! I will keep this active this year with more great pictures of our family and esp Phoebe as she grows.

Andy