Saturday, July 27, 2013

Keeping me busy



New steps from some recycled decking from a neighbor.  Ask me later . . . 
 So what have we been up to . . . Our raspberries went from a few sprigs Alisa and Phoebe bought at the garden shop in our neighborhood to this bush.  Our pickings one day above.  We've been getting about that a day.  What a great weed to grow.

I've been brewing a fair amount and just gave my first all-grain batch a shot tonight.  Everyone goes on and on about how that's what you need to do if your a growing brewer.  Whatever.  It was cool and I'll probably continue to do it.  But I haven't been missing out on anything and we'll see the match up since I brewed the same beer with extract.  (read: making one's own stock vs using a bouillon cube.

Peter's standing, crawling, climbing, and continuing to eat everything.  I do half-hourly mouth sweeps.  Today he was enjoying one of Phoebe's ice-cream sprinkles from last night's dessert.

Phoebe learned how to pump the swings herself.  I acquired a swing set from our neighbor. She's enjoying having that in the yard.  
 Alisa's working a lot.  But she and Phoebe have been doing a parent-child art class on Saturday mornings after they go to the farmers market and get some treats.  I'm glad they got that.  Phoebe clearly misses Alisa all week.



I took my college mountain bike and extended it with an Xtra-Cycle.  I love it.  It's a great beast to own.  Recently our food processor died.  I biked to Uptown to get a new one and it strapped in nicely.  A couple walking out behind me saw my bike helmet and said "you got a motorcycle with a carrier for that?" and chuckled.  I said "No, I have a bike."  When they saw me approach my bike, they looked stunned and said "oh, you're serious!"
Yes, I'm serious . . . or very stupid.  I said to Alisa that owning a bike
that hauls creates a constant challenge for any male.  "What can I haul next?!"