So what have we been up to . . . biking. I posted a picture of my cargo bike in the last posting. But here is the real purpose to all this. Phoebe LOVES rides. Sunday I hooked up the trailer for Peter and had Phoebe on the bike with me and we hit the Open Streets event. They closed down a major road in our neighborhood for a day of biking. Phoebe loved it and Peter cooperated. Today we biked to Lake Calhoun to Phoebe's favorite playground (it's pretty nice . . . ) and had a picnic lunch on the lake. I haven't emphasized learning to bike herself all that much, but we are definitely building a sense of biking culture in our kids. They are cool with it as transportation. And I love not having to park anywhere. I'm slowly growing to resent cars and driving. We bought our van a year ago and it now has 3500 miles on it. 1000 of those are from a road trip out to NoDak. Not bad.

Our garden is slow to produce but we're slowly seeing some red in the tomatoes. Every time a grape tomato turns even slightly orange, Phoebe eats it before we can consider picking it. She get's at least a 4th meal throughout the day out in the backyard. I'm tempted to just send her out there at dinner time and tell her to return when she's full.
Peter's crawling, standing up, and trying to eat anything off the floor he can. Today he got a dirt clump in the garden about the size of a grape and put it in his mouth. Ugh.
 |
Chinook Hops: these were planted last year. Looks like a good yield! |
 |
Phoebe loves our swing set. A nice addition to the backyard. |
 |
| At Lake Calhoun. |