Peter is army crawling, wrecking everything, terrorizing Phoebe by crawling into her room and trying to wreck everything, and drooling on me so much I always smell like sour milk at all times.
Phoebe is toggling between loving her little brother dearly and wishing "he'd just nap all day" so she didn't have to share time with us. As I struggle with her strong personality and antagonistic attitude, I realize more and more every day that my mom put up the same stuff from me. I guess I deserve it. :)
Alisa is working a lot. And working out a lot. She and our friend Shelly bike to the YWCA at least once a week to lift weights.
Andy is working a lot when Alisa is working a lot. I'm not complaining. I love being home with the kids. But teaching middle school math is way "easier" than being home with these two! :) I got a break and taught a 2 day course out in Lancaster, CA. High desert. It was a fun opportunity to teach math without getting a real job. I hope to teach a few times a year. I've been brewing a lot of beer and rebuilding my two old bikes. I made Alisa's high school 10 speed into a single speed fixed gear and I converted my college mountain bike into a cargo bike. It's been a lot of fun learning how to do some of the novice-intermediate bike maintenance.
The kids and I avoid driving the van at all costs. Lot's of biking when I can safely transport Peter and if not, I run with them. Great way to stay fit and not drive! Other than that, we're gardening like mad! It's looking good now that we got some heat around here. Hopefully no blight this year!
| $6 Menards Pool!!! |
| A typical lunch |
| At Como Zoo when I was on my course in CA |
| Lancaster CA |
| Menards buying pool toys and a dehumidifier for the basement |