Phoebe and I were going to celebrate with Our Lady Queen of Peace Catholic church, a Baptist church, and a Unitarian congregation at a rally in Arlington, but without a car, we opted to visit the Washington Mall to see what was going on.
I figured the MLK celebration part was more for me so I thought I would treat her to the Natural History Museum first. She screamed, kicked, yelled, and shook with excitement for 30 minutes straight. She particularly loved the caribou, zebra, and whatever this thing behind us was.
This is halfway up the steps of the Lincoln memorial. The National Park service ranger in the center of the photo at left stood where MLK said his "I Have a Dream" speech in 1963. He had a recording to play, but it malfunctioned. The crowd was supportive as this young guy tried to read it with the same energy, but admited that "I'm no Martin Luther King Jr." with a laugh. He did a wonderful job under the circumstances. It was a beautiful day yesterday as you can see.