
We started swimming lessons last week. Phoebe and I went alone and I learned
very quickly that taking a one-year-old to swimming lessons in the winter is a two-parent outing. We did well until I realized that I had to change and there weren't too many clean, "play" zones in a men's locker room. I sat her in a puddle of disgusting floor water and watched her cry while I got dressed. But, we made it, and it was much more fun today with Alisa in the water and me on deck, ready to take Phoebe so Alisa could get changed on her own.




After just 2 sessions, Phoebe clearly likes being in the pool.

Yesterday, Phoebe and I visited the Botanical Gardens across the street from the Capitol. It was a chilly day, so we warmed up nicely in this humid, jungle climate. Phoebe really liked the yellow Orchids and the desert room.



Look, skylights!
Phoebe enjoying some time with mom on a Saturday morning. Alisa worked last weekend, so it's been a nice weekend hanging out around the house.