
Phoebe and I had the car today and I needed to take a rest after a long run Saturday and a long bike ride Sunday. So we drove to Long Branch Nature Center in S. Arlington. There wasn't much there, but a pretty little creek with a sign every 10 feet warning something like not to drink the water, touch it, look at it, or even think about drinking it. If you do any of these, god forbid, make sure you wash up and probably consider antibiotics.
I keep forgetting that the Potomac did get set on fire at some point in the 1970s (or something like that). I'm used to huge, 500 acre nature reserves near (or in!) the Twin Cities where you could probably safely drink water 2 feet from a beaver dam. Nevertheless, we had a great afternoon there and the light produced some gorgeous pictures of our little Phoebe Bird.

If you haven't noticed, this is my favorite summer dress. I get her in it whenever it's clean.