Monday, October 30, 2017

Summer Ends and Fall Arrives


 I was commissioned to build a picnic table for the Midtown Greenway.  Materials were bought through a grant and I donated my time.  I was asked to build a table that would be hard to steal, throw over the edge onto the Greenway, or burn. Hmm.  I found plans to this table and thoroughly enjoyed building it.

Peter and I visited it one day and he asked "why someone would scribble marker on it?" I asked why he draws on things at home.



We did some fishing at Devils Lake with Papa.  Kids made spaceships
out of driftwood to pass the time since we were catching nothing.
Camping at Jay Cooke








 Peter smashed his finger on a rock and a week later the whole thing just lifted right off.
Finding salamanders at the farm house in Maddock


Hop harvest was decent other than one plant
had a bird's nest. Lots of poop on the cones so
the whole lot got tossed into the compost.
Lots and lots of pollinators on our sunflowers and sedum this year.



Mat visited to see U2.  Great show of course.  Good time
together as well.



Camping at Forestville/Mystery Caves State Park

Mystery Cave


Forestville Historic Village 



Peter's been biking to pre-school every day this
fall averaging 16 miles a week.

Girls on the Run practice 5k
36 degrees. 20mph winds.  Snow.
Girls were stellar despite the nasty weather!

Built in dresser for Alisa in our bedroom.  Need to complete
drawers but temporary shelving has freed up a ton of space
in the rest of the room.



Harry Potter Halloween: Peter is Harry, Phoebe is Hermione
and I have a Dobby mask.

Wisconsin Bookstore created Hogwarts.  Phoebe attended
with some school friends.
Left to Right: Fred and George Weasley, Lupin, ???,
Moaning Myrtle, and Hermione.