Friday, November 6, 2015



To the left is evidence that there was one a window for the
dining room.  See below how I remedied that.
These pictures of the porch are all from March when I gutted the space.  The drop ceiling in the picture was hanging from two 2x4s that would not qualify as joists in any way.
One of the "joists" holding the entire ceiling.
The porch is now the best insulated room in the house.
Alisa's dad helped me for a few days getting most of the space
re-framed.

Smaller Awning Windows allow for better light, privacy,
security (can leave them open when away or sleeping), but most
valuable was the space gained to build storage.




Peter spent most of his summer with trucks.



The Kings Fair happens in our neighborhood every two years.  Far superior to any other Fair in the nation I know of :)






Micaiah was Calvin and Peter happened to be a Tiger so the opportunity to get a Calvin and Hobbes picture was critical.

Phoebe was a "Planet Princess"  Alisa is sweating what she will need to sew for two kids next year!

I never pass up an opportunity to show the
general public what we are capable of
doing on a bike.  I hauled 2 bales of hay
from a park in St Paul about 5 miles home
last week.  Always an adventure.
The best donuts in Mpls--still warm.
I don't know if I've ever had something so wonderful
as a warm pastry like this.   A Baker's Wife.  The
bakery is next to a craft beer bar, and
a bike shop (unfortunately one I don't like).
This street could be all I'd ever need :)






My dad helped me cut these cabinets.  Full sheets
of MDF Fir ply is not a one-person job we found.
After he left, I got the boxes all set and face-framed.

Here is some final trim work.  I still hope to build a cabinet left of the mail slot and below the windows, but first I hope to tackle the dining room window pictured above.  I have some stain mixed to match the old casing in the house, but we'll see.  It'll be a challenge to get it just right.