Here. I know this is what everyone's waiting for.
Personally, I think all kids look like mutants and are fairly ugly for about a month--except my own. So I'm not going to go on and on about how cute Peter is. I think he's absolutely beautiful and he makes me cry, just like Phoebe did (and still does). Our own kids are the most beautiful things in the world. And I know I share that understanding with all you parents out there. It's a bizarre experience and becoming (and being) parents is the most brilliant experiment designed.
Yesterday Phoebe and I enjoyed the weather and cleaned up all the leaves in our front yard. What the heck?! We only have one tree on the boulevard! Phoebe had fun and then left me to bag everything so she could go play with her new brother.
So far, she thinks it's great that he's peed on himself and once hit himself in the face while getting a diaper change. Today in church Phoebe was asked if she had something new at home (Alisa and Peter stayed home). Her response was "I have a brother Peter and he peed on his face." I guess this is all payback after being the king of potty jokes . . . as a kid of course! ;)