Sunday, July 1, 2012

 We had a great time last week at Wilderness Wind near Ely, MN.  WW is a Mennonite operated retreat center with cabins anyone can rent (as we did).  They also outfit and guide BWCA trips.  We had a relaxing week and I only sent a few emails from my phone.  We had access to canoes, kayaks, and a rowboat.  Phoebe had a lot of interest in the kayaks, but mostly on the grass.   Over the week, she warmed up more and more to the idea of swimming and boating.  I'm looking at swimming lessons as we speak :)

Alisa shared with Phoebe that "there's a baby in her belly."  Since, there have been a lot of questions, but we haven't been overwhelmed yet.  She's quite excited about the idea of being a big sister, but clearly doesn't really get it yet.  Most of her talk is about also having a uterus and that someday she can have a baby too--"like when I'm 4!"
Kawishiwi Falls: normally a trickle but the water's up with all the St Louis County flooding going on.

Hot Chocolate for breakfast



I was determined to build a moat that held water evenly.  Phoebe didn't care all that much.






Lots of reading for us and for Phoebe.