Friday, December 30, 2011

Christmas

I've been meaning to post for ages, but I kept thinking: I'll post for her birthday . . . I'll wait til Christmas . . . I'll wait til . . . well, I'm finially here.

We had a great Christmas here on our own. Very quiet, restful, and great to have some time together since we've had a very busy fall and Alisa worked on Thanksgiving. We missed family, but not travelling is a definite bonus. Skype is handy too--Phoebe got to see Grandma, Grandpa, Uncle Mat, Ava and Jack on Christmas day.

We were at our favorite lodge up near Ely, MN the last few days (see bottom-most pics). Phoebe got to do some snowshoeing (her "trackers") since they have a fair bit of snow up there. We have brown grass and 40 degrees here.

I watched our friend's daughter Esther for a couple hours last week--lots of dress up, twirling, and marker fights. Phoebe and Alisa baked like crazy these last few weeks. Snow angels were short lived since our snow lasted all of a couple days.

Christmas brought 3 main themes for Phoebe: Cooking, Dress Up, and Tea Time.

I made the oven from scrap wood I had around, then went to IKEA and bought accessories only to spend as much money as if I'd just bought a Playschool oven set. But that's not the point right?! I'm proud of my work and she loves baking muffins for Madeline.

Oma sent a doll with a nice set of clothes she made. Very adorable. Grandma sent a tea set that has resulted in excellent hydration around here. We've had to really work at "pretend" tea so she isn't peeing every 5 minutes (that's nearly accurate! :).

Happy New Year!!!
Andy