Thursday, July 21, 2011

Portland, OR

Alisa and Phoebe crashed a while ago. While I'm tired, I'm clearly still on Pacific Time. We had a GREAT trip out to Portland to see Mat, Laura, Ava and Jack. Phoebe and her cousins had a great time finally meeting each other, but I think her cute looks wore thin after an endless streak of potty talk that only she seemed to think was hilarious.
We visited Ocola (I think) Park on the coast and took in a very appropriate day with much fog and cool weather. But the kids had a blast and we enjoyed running around on the sand.
The large group pic near the bottom is not supposed to be in a cloud, but rather be a lake with a beautiful mirror image of Mt Hood. But a nice cloud rolled in and gave us this great shot.
We loved the weather as it was insanely hot here in Mpls (105 heat index!). But everyone else was disappointed in the daily rain, temps in the 60s and 70s, and cloudy skies. I feel like I saw Portland :)
Finally, Phoebe did take a little nap on the flight home today. We had horrible delays (2-3 hrs) both going out and returning. She handled them like a trooper.
Thanks again for the great hospitality Portland crew!