Sunday, June 5, 2011

Summer!!!

Summer is here and in full force! As we are cleaning out old garden beds and tearing up new ones (you can see in the garage picture the half yard that currently has basil, kale, about 25 tomatoes, 6 broccoli, and a couple of squash plants. Out of view is a second garden plot with 7 squash and pumpkin plants), we are clearing out old bulbs. As a result, we had some nice irises on our table for the week.

Our garage is coming along. Our builder is doing a superb job. Anyone need a builder or remodeler, let us know. We'd recommend this guy in a heartbeat.

Phoebe was thoroughly enjoying harassing me with the spray hose yesterday while I was trying to get a few more plants in the garden. I was soaked. Today we went to a graduation party for a co-worker's son and she was quite shy, until I asked her what we did in the garden yesterday: "did you spray dad with a hose and get his clothes soaking wet?" I'm sure we'll be out there some more today.